Our trip last Thursday went really well. I am so blessed to have a job where I can walk in, tell them what's going on and they cover my position. I didn't have to write lesson plans, get a substitute or even bat an eye about it because my family comes first.
The trip down was easy going and quick. We waited awhile to get into ultrasound where the techs took 30 minutes worth of pictures of Katie's hips. Ada enjoyed playing in the kids' area with my parents while I bit my nails waiting to hear the results. The 2 nurses were so kind to me and once again Katie took a nap during this exam! (way to go lil one!). After a few techs coming in and out and a meeting with the radiologist I was told unofficially she could be done with the harness and her hips look perfect. Yup I started crying again, lol. I cry all the time those poor nurses get to deal with me. I was so happy I could hardly contain it. I walked with my head so high I was floating. We waited awhile again to get into see the orthopeadist. Finally...
Dr. Kishan, our ortho, gave the big thumbs up to take Katie out of her harness and officially say we are done and ready to move on!!!! My mom cried, I snuggled Katie so cherished. I will forever remember the moments of nearly ripping the harness into pieces and being able to hold my lil girl without anything in the way. He looked at her feet, heel and ankles and decided the Ponseti shoes were a good idea. Shoes with a bar. We were sent to the brace/casting clinic where they fitted her for her cool "skateboard shoes".
I finally got my call yesterday from Riley telling me I can cath Katie only 2 times a day and if she's still under 30 mL through the weekend we can stop all together! Please pray this happens. Cathing her isn't physically all that difficult but emotionally it really takes a toll.
A HUGE thank you to the Wilson's and the girls that came to support me Tuesday. I am so ridiculously blessed that I have friends like this. The Wilson's are allowing me to take some relaxing time in their hot tub and Monie got virgin Pina Colada's, made chocolate dipped strawberries and gave me the freedom to be in a quiet free place.
A new normal without a harness... much less stressful, thank you Lord for giving our doctors wisdom and the ability to have this kind of knowledge. I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment