What little girl's dream isn't to dance gracefully and beautifully across the stage for all to oooh and ahhh? I gave Ada choices of swimming or ballet. She chose ballet. She is adorable in her little leotard. I see this as something for her future; graceful, disciplined, poised. I want to teach her the art of being a lady. While I do feel like I have failed on some level I slowly am inching my way there. While other moms complain of the harshness of the teacher (who wasn't really that harsh) I see it as an opportunity for my daughter to learn what it means to learn a craft and if she so desires to master the art of the craft. I had a difficult and often mean clarinet teacher. I would cry on the days he smack my fingers with his baton. But by George I was the best dang clarinet player I could possibly be at that point in my life. I saw a goal and I grabbed it. With his leading I became one of the few my age who got paid to play. I don't want my daughters to be wimps and never truly learn anything. I want them to know with enough stick-to-it-ness they can acheive and acheive well with Christ in their hearts.
On October 22nd we are leaving again to Indianapolis. This time to get a second opinion on Katie's Ponseti shoes from an orthopedist at the Peyton Manning Hospital (a branch of St. Vincent). I am excited to hear what this doctor says. If we like this experience well enough we are considering switching all of our care to PM. While Riley seems to give good care for many things but the Spina Bifida clinic is the most disorganized medical establishment I have seen. I feel like a lot of my life surrounds these clinics, doctors, nurses, etc. It is tiring, but in the end I want to do the best for my child that I possibly can. I want Katie to know you don't have to accept poor treatment in life. That it's okay and many times a good thing not to fight with it but instead to choose a different path than the people who treat you so badly. I want Katie to see there are options and not feel stuck because one doctor says one thing. I want her to be able to advocate for herself with the support of us. Mostly I want her to have a voice. I still pray daily that she will know God. Without Christ we would be a wreck of a family. We have our issues, our bumps and our hiccups, but in the end because of Jesus we are together.
My challenge and charge of the century.... Do not accept the scum people hand you. If someone threw up in a bucket and wanted you to carry it around everywhere you go would you do it? No! So why carry around the nasty words and attitudes they threw up and want you to carry?
No comments:
Post a Comment