Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Exhaustion Sept 18, 2013

Today was a hard day. I took Katie Joy's shoes off to let her feet breathe and her ankles on the top are bruised. So, I called Riley, something I dread now. They said we need to go there. I asked if we could go to Midwest Orthotics (an in town ortho clinic) and the woman was just so rude to me. She told me I should have gone there at the beginning when I chose where I was going; which I had no choice in the matter, we were told we -had- to go to Riley. After a circular conversation where the woman acted as if I knew nothing and she could do nothing for me I went ahead a called the in town ortho clinic in which I made an appointment (TA DAH!) Then I had to make more phone calls about money and insurance and billing, yadda yadda yadda, answering phone calls from Riley about how ridiculously difficult everything is, yadda yadda yadda. Ugh, I am not one to call people ignorant very often but man alive I could only handle so many bad attitudes and rudeness today.

Geez to mothers who have been doing this longer than me and are doing it along side me I commend you. It is so hard not to completely lose it on people sometimes and even harder to get things done without being semi rude, or at least being firm. For one woman I told her, "Look, my daughter has Spina Bifida. That is enough for me to handle. I don't need to be talked to like this. I don't know how everything works which is why I am calling, please don't treat me as if I'm stupid." She politely apologized and gave me answers calmly. I'm glad it went that way and I am grateful she changed how she was talking to me.

That is done, appointment tomorrow to look at her shoes and hopefully get some answers.

My dad was recently diagnosed with AFIB it weighs on me that, that much more life is short. I'm realizing I don't have time to deal with others' putting crud on me and wallowing in the crud they say I'm in. I want to stay away from drama and live my life the best way I can by serving God and loving people. I don't want to waste my time on dumb things. I need to be intentional about the way I take care of me and my family and constantly be praying about where and what God wants me to be doing.

For now I will enjoy what's in front of me. I signed Ada up for ballet, I am spending time with uplifting people and friends. I am learning about the Bible. I am chershing the love of my husband and reminding myself it is an example of Christ loving the church. I will attempt to take those things that have been said to me that are so hurtful and put them out, where they belong. My time is not worth even looking at the horrible negativity some people want for me and my family. My time is better spent enjoying the here and now. 

And with my exhaustion I read...

Isaiah 40: 28 Do you not know?    Have you not heard?The Lord is the everlasting God,    the Creator of the ends of the earth.He will not grow tired or weary,    and his understanding no one can fathom.29 He gives strength to the weary    and increases the power of the weak.30 Even youths grow tired and weary,    and young men stumble and fall;31 but those who hope in the Lord    will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles;    they will run and not grow weary,    they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment