Wednesday, July 2, 2014

6 Months old! Oct 16, 2013

Katie Joy is 6 months! Wow. She is growing at a nice average rate, not too big and not too small. Her head is slightly asymetrical and is needing to be watched. We will be going back to the doctor next month to check on it. Her feet seem to be healing or at least getting a bit better and not getting a ton worse. I think I'm attributing this to a combination of prayer and her growth. 

Next week we are going to Payton Manning Children's Hospital in Indy to meet with the Orthopedist, Dr. Bellflower. He travels to South Bend once and month and we will be able to see him here! 

Katie seems to be developing well, still no rolling over from back to front though. She is showing signs that army crawling is in the near future! We talked with the doctor about her latex caution and we don't necessarily need to be avoiding having balloons but she should avoid holding them. I think for her birthday we'll avoid having any latex balloons and just have mylars. If anyone has experience with latex allergy let me know!

Please be praying for our trip to Indy, adjustment in changes to our schedule and my own healing. In talking with my doctor about some pain I have been having from my c section. There is a possibility if the pain gets worse that I am developing adhensions. If adhesions are occuring then surgery will be required. If surgery happens then there is a large possibility I will not be able to have any more children. Please pray the pain does not worsen.

Ada is enjoying ballet a lot. Her teacher says that she is "on the ball" and being a big help. She is remembering her positions and listening during class. I really love watching her grow and learn something so disciplined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment