I am grateful for the abilty to have a retreat. In speaking with a friend we decided we needed to get away so we can get the junk out of us. I needed to let go of a lot of stuff I had no business holding onto.
Revelations/Realizations
God is big enough
God IS enough
His Grace is sufficient
HUGE reminder
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.
I was reminded this weekend that it isn't about how hard I try to be good. The large tasks ahead of me can be done because God is my provider. I will do my part and work towards the goal but I'm going to trust God too. Also sometimes it takes going away for a day to fall back in love with the people so close to you. When I woke up I knew I'd be leaving earlier than expected. For one I have been fighting this gross infection that had gotten too painful to not go to the dr.
But along with that I fell back in love with my family. What a good husband I have. Not all parts of marriage are pretty. Sometimes I'm an ugly wife. God restored my heart to really fall in love with my husband again. He is pretty cute, lol.
We got to walk in the Hearts of Gold walk a week ago. What an amazing experience. I got to thank some nurses and other staff from Memorial. Our team raised nearly 1500. WOW. What generous people in our life. Thank you if you gave time or money! Katie was taught to clap that day! Thank you Uncle Tony!
Katie's development now
army crawling- not super consistent yet
intentional rolling
clapping
babbling- dada, ada. mama, baba, gaga, zzzz, didi ; Ada might be her first word
waving
laughing
eating baby food vegetables
chewing puffs wo throwing up
Ada's growth
vocabulary rapidly growing
asking critical thinking questions about nature
independant grooming/hygiene
pretending using role play voices
problem solving conflicts with friends or tough situations
learning to cut
Letters sounds and names nearly all learned
Numbers 1-10, working on 11-20
No comments:
Post a Comment